Name: Amanda Bush, P.E. & Adam O’Kane, P.E.
Company Name: Leigh & O’Kane, L.L.C.
1. Where is your company located?
Our main office in Kansas City and we have an office in 9201 Ward Parkway in Kansas City, Missouri.
2. How long have you been in business in Kansas City?
Leigh & O’Kane was founded in 1986 and we have been in Kansas City for our entire 32-year history.
3. How did you get your start in the industry?
Our firm was founded on providing innovative structural engineering solutions to our clients. We pride ourselves on creative problem-solving solutions that meets the needs of our clients.
4. What types of services do you provide?
We provide structural engineering services for both horizontal and vertical design. Our firm was founded on vertical building design and we have since expanded into horizontal structural design. Along with our design services we also provide structural inspection services
5. How many employees do you have working for you in and around Kansas City?
We currently have a staff of 15.
6. What is your role on the KCI New Terminal project?
We will be responsible for the structural design of the parking structure, elevated roadways, and pedestrian access tunnel for the new terminal.
7. How does the KCI project compare in size/scale to others on which you’ve worked?
We have been fortunate throughout our firm’s history to be involved in a multitude of major projects throughout the Kansas City metro area, including design of the Bartle Hall Conference Center, Kansas Speedway, Starlight Theatre, and the Kansas City Chiefs Training Facility to name a few. The KCI New Terminal project will become another milestone project in our firm’s history.
8. What excites you most about this project?
We are excited to be part of a collaborative design team that will shape the future of our city.
9. Describe the impact you think the KCI New Terminal project will have on the local design and construction community and/or the City.
This is a very significant project for our city that will give many local design and construction firms an opportunity to be a part of something that will be here for generations to come.