Name: Mark Williams
Company Name: Garver
1. Where is your company located?
We are located just south of KCI at I-29 and Tiffany Springs Parkway.
2. How long have you been in business in Kansas City?
We opened our office in Kansas City in 2013 with a focus on working on the new KCI Terminal.
3. How did you get your start in the industry?
Garver has been serving the aviation industry for over 60 years. My aviation career started in 1993 when I answered an ad in the newspaper seeking civil airside design engineers. I did not know this was a career option when I graduated with a Civil Engineering degree, and I have enjoyed every moment.
4. What types of services do you provide?
Garver provides civil and electrical engineering design for airfield development programs. We also offer aviation planning, Safety Management Systems for airports, transportation design, water and wastewater design, and construction management services.
5. How many employees do you have working for you in and around Kansas City?
In Kansas City we have 22 employees and we are excited for the opportunity to significantly grow our local offices with the opportunity to be part of the KCI New Terminal design team.
6. What is your role on the KCI New Terminal project?
Garver will lead the civil airside design which includes the terminal apron, airfield lighting systems, aircraft deicing system, airfield drainage system, and terminal gate equipment.
7. How does the KCI project compare in size/scale to others on which you’ve worked?
The KCI New Terminal will be the largest project Garver has been involved with. It is an exciting opportunity to work on a once in a lifetime opportunity at my hometown airport.
8. What excites you most about this project?
It is exciting to be part of the largest infrastructure project in the history of Kansas City, but I am most excited to see how the new terminal will be a catalyst for growth of the Kansas City region. I am also excited to work with so many talented members of the Edgemoor Team.
9. Describe the impact you think the KCI New Terminal project will have on the local design and construction community and/or the City.
The new KCI Terminal offers the opportunity for local businesses to get involved at the airport when they normally couldn’t. Often this involvement will be in lead roles and will provide the opportunity for these firms to not only grow, but to keep competing for future opportunities at KCI in the future.